Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lost in the Amazon

Amazon.com claims to be "The Earth's Biggest Bookstore," and they'll get no argument from me! The only problem with being that big is that it's sometimes hard to see the rainforest for the trees. As an Amazon Associate with my own little online bookstore, I spend A LOT of time beating the Amazon bush, and I've found some pages you probably didn't know about:

Although not really a page, recommended product links like the one on the left are cool. Evey time you reload the page new popular products appear. (Try it)

There are also a lot of feature pages that "Browse Amazon Books" never quite leads to. The early adopter pages in our sidebar menu aren't that obscure, but have you seen the Popular Pre-Order Books? What a great way to keep up with authors you enjoy!

Do you miss having a knowledgeable bookseller to advise you on book purchases without a lot of sales pressure? Various Amazon editors publish 200-300 Listmania! pages. That's something you won't find in your local brick-and-mortar franchise!

Of course, Amazon isn't just books anymore although I've started with the book section since there are books about so many topics that there are book tie-ins to 'most everything else. Anyway, I have found a forgotten link to The Billboard Top 40 that I know a lot of people will like.

No comments: